John brings over 30 years of retail commercial real estate brokerage and advisory service experience to Retail Insite. Prior to joining Retail Insite in October of 2017, he spent over 26 years with Flocke & Avoyer Commercial Real Estate in San Diego, and the past 4 years as a private Advisor to several Institutional Property owners throughout various markets in the Country.
During John’s tenure at Flocke & Avoyer, he was consistently named the top producer with the Company, and was never less than top 3 in any given year. His primary focus in the Industry has been Landlord Representation, Asset Repositioning, and Development Consulting; he is also very active in Individual and Portfolio Asset Sales.
Staying focused on the details of any project or transaction has always been his goal for a successful outcome. It’s of the utmost importance that his clients are satisfied and informed at all times throughout the process.
A few of the more prominent anchored Retail Projects John has been involved with from inception include:
- Fenton Marketplace (560,000 SF)
- Carmel Mountain Plaza (535,000 SF)
- Santee Trolley Square (440,000 SF)
- Rancho San Diego Towne Center (410,000 SF)
- 4S Commons Town Center (265,000 SF)
- Rio Vista Shopping Center (255,000 SF)
- Chula Vista Crossings (185,000 SF)
- Bonita Point Plaza (106,000 SF)
Additionally, John has had the great pleasure of representing some of the best Retail Property Owners in multi-markets, including:
- American Assets Trust
- Sudberry Properties, Inc.
- Regency Centers
- Vestar Development Co.
- ShopCore Properties (formerly Excel Trust)
- The Blackstone Group
- Alecta Investment Management Corp.
- NewMark Merrill Companies
- Yacoel Properties, LLC
To date, John has completed more than 2,200 transactions totaling over $3 billion in consideration during his career. John is a graduate of Oregon State University, and lives in Del Mar with his wife Mary, and has three children.