Through the leasing and sale of urban and coastal retail buildings, attracting great tenants to his shopping center listings, and structuring lifestyle amenities for office and residential campuses, Jim is passionate about retail real estate. Currently, retail is undergoing drastic changes, and Jim Rinehart stays at the forefront of these changes in order to advise his clients with strategies for long-term success.
He was fortunate to transform both of La Jolla’s premier retail corners, replacing underperforming legacy tenants with Benefit Cosmetics (an LVMH brand), Kate Spade, Beaming Juice Bar, and others.
In and around downtown San Diego Jim has sold and leased numerous properties in urban areas, including Little Italy, East Village, the Gaslamp district, North Park, and Banker’s Hill.
A few of his current projects include:
- All retail and restaurant leasing of Park Place, a premier Orange County shopping center at the Intersection of Jamboree and Mickelson. Part of this assignment is repositioning a 35,000 SF vacant former Sport Chalet in a center that includes Houston’s, North Itallia by Sam Fox, Ruth’s Chris, Mother’s Market, Lemonade, LA Fitness Signature Club, and others.
- All retail and restaurant leasing at Liberty Station, the reuse of a military base converted into one of San Diego’s premier destinations for food and culture, which includes Stone Brewery, Tender Greens, Liberty Public Market, Soda and Swine, SparkCycle, and others.
- Creating retail amenities for life-science developer Alexandria Real Estate in San Diego.
- Representing tenants, including Room and Board, Orange Theory Fitness, Floyd’s Barbershop, Gardenology, and Isola Pizza, among others.
- Conversion of a very high-profile movie theater building to +/- 50,000 SF of multi-tenant fashion retail and entertainment space in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter
Jim is very creative and commits the time necessary to obtain a deep understanding of each of his client’s businesses. This allows Jim’s clients to act with confidence on real-time information and maximize their asset’s potential while avoiding unnecessary mistakes.
Before choosing to join Retail Insite, Jim worked at CBRE for eight years, where he learned his craft with some of the nation’s most talented retail real estate professionals.