Through the leasing and sale of urban and coastal retail buildings, attracting great tenants to Best in Class listings, and structuring lifestyle amenities for office and residential campuses, Jim is passionate about retail real estate. Jim’s been in the business since 2007, originally at CBRE for eight years, where he learned his craft with some of the nation’s most talented retail real estate professionals before switching to Retail Insite for the strength of the team and client focus culture.
With an emphasis on high-traffic urban and high income coastal neighborhoods Jim is an expert in areas including La Jolla, Downtown San Diego, North Park & Coronado. Four skills that differentiate him are:
- He is highly creative and uses that to the benefit of his clients’ financial performance
- He loves numbers and takes a financial data analysis approach to help clients understanding property values, risk, and return on investment
- He’s earned a deep understanding of various businesses models allowing him to spot opportunities and act on behalf of his clients
- He’s on the forefront of where retail is going and translates that into meaningful decisions around investment sales, creating vision for campus repositioning, or advising on relevant leasing strategies
Jim lives an active lifestyle with his wife and kids while enjoying 4 & 5 star hotels, rugged hiking trails, and progressive restaurant tastings. A Graduate of Point Loma Nazarene University, he’s resided in San Diego for 20 years.
Abbreviated Client List:
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities – the leader in Life Science Development whose integration of hospitality/retail has changed the workplace lifestyle (view website)
- Kilroy Realty – Innovative Developer building the best 2 new retail/office development projects in San Diego: One Paseo and 2100 Kettner
- Michael Mina – one of the top restaurant groups in the country (view website)
- Private Investors & various Family Offices – investment sales and of single and multi-tenant property, including 1202-1228 University Avenue, Hillcrest (view website)
- Divco West – a portfolio owner of real estate with multiple retail leasing assignments including 310 10th Avenue, East Village (view website)
- Consortium Holdings – one of the top restaurant groups in the country (view website)
- Buona Forchetta – a local restaurant group with a strong track record (view website)