Through the leasing and sale of urban and coastal retail buildings, attracting great tenants to Best in Class listings, and structuring lifestyle amenities for office and residential campuses, Jim is passionate about retail real estate. Jim’s been in the business since 2007, originally at CBRE for eight years, where he learned his craft with some of the nation’s most talented retail real estate professionals before switching to Retail Insite for the strength of the team and client focus culture.
With an emphasis on high-traffic urban and high income coastal neighborhoods Jim is an expert in areas including La Jolla, Downtown San Diego, North Park & Coronado. Four skills that differentiate him are:
- He is highly creative and uses that to the benefit of his clients’ financial performance
- He loves numbers and takes a financial data analysis approach to help clients understanding property values, risk, and return on investment
- He’s earned a deep understanding of various businesses models allowing him to spot opportunities and act on behalf of his clients
- He’s on the forefront of where retail is going and translates that into meaningful decisions around investment sales, creating vision for campus repositioning, or advising on relevant leasing strategies
Jim lives an active lifestyle with his wife and two kids while enjoying 4 & 5 star hotels, rugged hiking trails, and progressive restaurant tastings. A Graduate of Point Loma Nazarene University, he’s resided in San Diego for 20 years.
A few of his clients include:
- All retail + restaurant leasing at Liberty Station, the reuse of a military base converted into one of San Diego’s premier food/culture destinations.
- The Sale of Retail and Restaurant buildings for Wells Fargo Trust, Union Bank Trust & Various private families / investors
- Creating retail amenities for life-science developer Alexandria Real Estate in San Diego
- Curating restaurants in a Food Hall attached to a Bloomingdales Store
- Leasing 30,000 SF of retail/restaurant space underneath a new 400 room Intercontinental Hotel